dNation Kubernetes Monitoring allows us to see status of our infrastructure and applications at a glance using semaphore (green/orange/red) principle:
Basic design principles:
- Intuitive – Green, orange and red colors signaling whether or not your action is needed
- Drill – down – if you want details why something is green, orange or red, just click it
- Relevant information only – provide only metrics relevant for this particular area of interest and drill-down level, side-by-side with logs (experimental feature)
Basic use case
- You received 17 alerts at 3 AM
- You look at dashboard and see multiple problems, application A is in red, some PVCs are red, while k8s cluster itself is green; so you know where to start to look for root cause (non-green color)
- You click PVC stat-panel, get a list of PVCs, all of them green, 1 of them red
- It turns out that red PVC is used by application A
- You fix PVC issue, and suddenly whole dashboard becomes green, so you have some indication that things are probably all right now
- As a result, incident response time is improved
This project has been developed, maintained and used in production by professionals to simplify their day-to-day monitoring tasks and reduce incident reaction time.
Commercial support is available, including 24/7, please contact us.
This project is awailable also at AWS Marketplace.
Open Source Software, Apache 2.0 License.